Sunday, June 5, 2016

One week in...

One week in our new Ryan Home and you aren't getting rid of me so easily.  It makes me sad when people stop blogging after their build is over, or even just part way through their build bcuz I love reading those blogs so much (seriously if I could make a career out of it I would)-- I don't know if anyone cares to continue to read this blog but I plan on continually updating it as we go along anyway.  I have been a family blogger since 2007 and kind of stopped once facebook and instagram came into play bcuz sharing there was so much quicker-- anyway I don't think fb or instagram care to see my house updates so I will channel all my house excitement into my blog posts. :) 

Today marked one full week actually waking up in our house (though I suppose it technically wasn't since we went and slept in MD on Memorial Day so the kids could go to school one last day).  Anyway, it was our first Sunday attending our new church and it was exciting to meet all the new people.  After dinner tonight we walked the neighborhood with some ice cream sandwiches for a treat, as you can see some evidence of that in this photo we took afterwards.  (First family selfie on our new front porch btw ;) )

 On our walk I snapped this photo of the back of our house.  If you look closely you can see where my husband gave up on mowing that crazy steep hill!

 Sorry, these photos are so random, this is how my children watch a show right now while we have no family room furniture.  Hopefully Ryan Homes will be able to come fix our drywall issue before we get the family room furnished and decorated, then at least something good will come out of having no couch for a few weeks.

This photo I took and texted to my landscaping managment major brother and asked of this poor sad tree will "come back". He basically laughed and told me its dead. He said it either didn't get enough water or was planted poorly by the landscaper, or it was just a bad tree from the nursery.  Either way it isn't coming back.  We know its not a water issue since it rained for 3 straight weeks before we moved in-- Ryan Homes made us sign a paper saying they don't warranty landscaping, which makes sense but seeing as this tree was dead before we closed I am hoping they will replace it for us. That is one of my questions for our PM.

Thursday was my husbands first day back to work after taking over a week off to move-- my goal for that day was to finish unpacking the kitchen and have the island cleared off and clean! Totally accomplished my goal minutes before he arrived home.  (I also mowed the front yard, did laundry, and gave my aunt and uncle a tour of the house that day too).  Anyway, really love my pretty kitchen, it totally motivates me to keep it as clean as possible (with 4 littles running around... seriously makes us re consider our decision to buy a nice home while we still raising children. Lol.)

I took this photo when an old family friend asked where my laundry room was... but I am posting this to help illustrate this scary moment we had yesterday afternoon... my 4 year old decided it would be a good idea to climb along that railing from the stairs side in. Meaning when she made it all the way over to the corner and looked down she was over 10 feet off the ground. Thankfully, she was fine and managed to get back on safe ground quickly and it certainly scared her enough that we hope she won't ever do that again!
 Wednesday our washer and dryer were finally delivered (after a missed delivery Saturday morning, Wednesday afternoon was the soonest they had). Laundry is my favorite chore in the world to do. I love everything about it, is that weird? Anyway, its been extra fun with my new machines... only down side I have found now with these large, high efficiency machines is I have less loads to do, which means less time doing laundry. Bummer.  But I'll survive.  Hopefully its going to help cut down on costs too bcuz holy cow the bills have already started rolling in... one week in!!

Tuesday night when we got back from our two day trip to MD we found that our PM had pulled up the dead sod and replaced it with new. So happy about that!

 One more photo, from the day we moved in. The kids enjoyed popsicles on the front porch, that our sweet neighbor brought over. (You can clearly see that sad tree was already dead when we got here.)
Anyway, thats our first week in the house, randomly and backwards.  Other things that happened this week were my new nephew Emerson was born on wednesday in MD and I went down to meet him.  Friday we drove down again for an orthodontist appt and to say goodbye to my sister and her two babies who moved to California later that afternoon. Its been a busy busy week.  Hoping this week will be a little slower paced and I hope to stay home lots and get more unpacked.  Also on the agenda is sorting out some utility bill issues, and getting our pool passes so my littles can swim!!! :)

5 comments:

  1. Everything looks amazing!! What's your drywall issue y'all have to have addressed??
    And I totally plan on continuing to blog once we move into the house. I am trying to figure out how to make it "house related" to transition from the build, but I love crafting and DIY projects and have so many ideas for the house that I am gonna base it off of that once we are in :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you click on the empty living room photo and zoom in almost directly over my daughters head you can see this long line in the drywall. We pointed it out at pre settlement and asked if we had to wait for 13 months to have that fixed and our PM circled the top of it with his pen(can't see that in the photo) and said it would be fixed before settlement. Then we settled a day late and moved in and its still there. Our SR says he had it scheduled for the friday we settled but then cancelled bcuz he didnt want to be in our way... of course they wouldn't have been in our way since we settled a day late and didnt get up to the house until late friday night. Now when they come they actually will be in our way, lol, BUT hopefully they'll knock it out before our couch is delivered, then the mess will br limited to the floor and not my brand new couch and rug. We havent actually heard any of this from our PM yet, just 2nd hand thru the SR so we will see what happens- our PM is new to us, they switched about a month before we closed and we had no idea and have no contact info for the new PM. I asked for it from the SR but he just told me the story of why it wasn't fixed yet and said he would follow up with the PM.

      Delete
  2. Your home is lovely! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT! I always hate it when people don't come back and update their blogs either, so I am headed there now to update a couple of things!

    We had a bit of a scare with our stairs too when our 20 month old decided to run out of the bathroom and almost ran down the stairs. My husband caught him in time, thankfully. I imagine he'll try your daughter's climb at some point if he gets a quiet moment. (Yipes)

    I'm also enjoying the whole laundry experience - LOOOOOVE having it on the second floor!!

    ReplyDelete