Friday, January 8, 2016

Approved!

A little after 9 this morning my husband got the call from NVR letting us know that our loan has been approved!!  Yay!!!  That was my first reaction.  My next thought had me sobbing, sad, uncontrollable tears for the next ten minutes.  That "next thought" being to text/call or drive over to my mom's house and tell her the good news but I couldn't (see post titled bittersweet).  I debated in sharing this part of our journey because it really has nothing to do with building a home with Ryan, but it is part of our particular journey and it does change how I feel as we go through this process.  Also, being as no one reads this blog yet it feels like a "safe" place to share and its very therapeutic for me to "share".

Anyway, I was talking to my husband last night about possibly driving up to our "lot" this weekend, and I said that I would like to know ahead of time if our loan was approved or not.  He laughed at me because they just submitted it Tuesday and hearing on Friday wouldn't be anywhere near 7 -10 business days!  haha!  When he texted me about the phone call I told him "See we could hear sooner than that!!"

I guess I also wanted to share how quickly it went for us because I found myself google searching and digging into people's blogs trying to see if it was possible to get approved faster than the 7-10 business days or if it was pretty standard and we wouldn't hear any sooner than that. So for anyone else crazy like me, who maybe comes across this blog months... years... down the road it IS possible!  ;)

Now we are just waiting for our LO to get into the office and email us the details of the approval.  So far we know nothing... just that we were approved.  Slightly nervous about what else there is to know, hopefully its all pretty straight forward and still what we were told at our initial application meeting with NVR.

No comments:

Post a Comment