Thursday, July 28, 2016

2 months...

Finally found an acceptable tv stand for the family room.  We wanted something longer and shorter than the sofa table we were using for the tv because we had nothing else.  It looked all wrong so when I finally found this table on target.com I was so excited, also glad they were having a great sale... put it in my cart, go to check out and it wouldn't let me sign in on my phone so I get on the computer sign in... out of stock.  Are you kidding me? It was in my cart 5 minutes before.  I was sad but noticed they had an email address to ask for color swatches so I thought I'd ask about another place to buy it.  I got a response the next morning telling me to keep checking target.com because it should be back in stock in a few days.  Sure enough Saturday morning it came back in stock and the amazing sale was still going on.  (Ten minutes after I bought it, it was back out of stock again so I got super lucky). I saved over a hundred dollars and with my target card got the shipping and extra handling fee taken off.  It mailed right out and arrived here Wednesday afternoon. My amazing husband put it together as soon as he got home from work. Took about an hour.  

I love the look of it, the size and height.  I also love that it freed up the sofa table that I wanted to put in the main entry/ hallway. 



Also this weekend I finally found the navy and white striped rug I was hoping to find for the entry way (Also got one for the mud room).  Before, I had this old red rug that we had in our tiny apartment living room back in 2004.  I am not doing red anywhere in my house so I was anxious to get this old rug out of here (and down to the unfinished basement for the kids to play on).

Before and After


Oh also you can see I finished painting the front door and the pantry.  So far that's all I plan on doing for now.  😊

4 comments:

  1. It looks fantastic! I love these photos and posts even more now that we are in our home because I know EXACTLY where you put things!
    Glad things are coming together for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the navy blue doors and accents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the blue area rug and the tv console. You're making your home your own! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does Ryan have a policy on painting the interior of your home while under warranty?

    ReplyDelete