Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Our couch finally arrived!! And my 1st house project!

 Yesterday our couch finally arrived! The store upgraded us to white glove delivery and credited our card $75 for all that trouble their delivery service caused.  We are so happy to have a place to sit now and hang out together as a family.

 Let's see if this photo will work, my attempt at a panoramic shot of the main gathering area of the home.  There is still a lot of work to do.  I need to figure out what to hang on the walls.  Ultimately I want to paint the walls (maybe SW agreeable grey... got a sample today, just on the top of the sample it looks tanner than I was going for.  I will see what it looks like when we try it on the wall.  The solid wall in the morning room is going to be a white faux shiplap wall.  I am excited to do that project but also nervous to get started.

Today I got an itch to do a project and this one seemed simple enough.  Lowe's has sample paints on sale for 99 cents thru 07/18.  However home depot is whats closest to us (I don't even know where Lowe's is yet).  Anyway, I thought they would price match it and give me the extra 10% off but they said they didn't know what to do bcuz their paint is so much better than Lowes.... uhhh anyone know if this is true?  Anyway, she offered me half price since I was there.  I took it.  Four kids in home depot, I was not anxious to drive across town to lowes to do it all over again, for a couple dollars difference.   Anyway, I got SW Naval and I did the hall closet door as a test since I wouldn't have to look at it much if I hated it.
 After 1st coat... getting nervous...
    
And here's 3 pics of the finished product because I love it and I am obessed.  I am super excited to buy a gallon and paint many more doors. 

 



I have decided to leave the french doors to the office and off the morning room white.  But I am definitely painting the front door, the pantry door, the laundry room door (since it says closed and is visible from downstairs), the three doors in the mudroom, and probably the linen closet upstairs... the first two I want to do right away though are the front door and the pantry door, they look so blah to me now amd they're what I can see from the couch.  Its funny I find myself back on the stairs like I used to sit when we were still waiting for our couch because I just want to stare at my pretty navy blue door.

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS POST!!!!
    And yay for getting your couch!! Finally :-)
    It all looks great! I love the pop of color on the doors! I totally want to do this too, I just don't know what color yet as I am so undecided on what color we will be painting walls and such.
    And it's weird seeing your house because it is flipped from our floor plan. So I'm imagining how things look in ours and I got confused at first, lol!
    I love it all though! Keep up all the amazing details and updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are my hero. That's EXACTLY the color I'm planning to paint inside our front door! It looks amazing, and I'm so thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been considering painting the doors on our Milan. It really helps to see it in a real space. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your couch looks super comfy and I love the navy door! That will look really sharp on all the doors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the couch and the door turned out amazing!

    ReplyDelete