Wednesday, January 4, 2017

1st Bedroom Makeover: Little girl's room

For her 5th birthday our daughter asked us to decorate her bedroom, I thought it was a wondeful idea, being that her birthday is SO close to Christmas. I painted her room before Thanksgiving since I knew I wouldn't want to paint a week before Christmas, but the night before her birthday my husband and I worked together all day pulling together all the things I had been collecting in my closet for months.  We measured where to put the gold polka dots, ironed and hung curtains, hang shelves, and frames. I don't have the before photos on my phone anymore but before it was just bare, construction cream colored walls and her twin bed in the room.   We added, the bedside table, area rug, bean bag chair, along with the curtains, shelves, frames. 








Overall the room makeover was a success, our little girl LOVES her new room, and her older siblings all want their rooms done now too!

This is officially the first and only room we have decorated and completed.  I can't wait to tackle another room and finish it.  I feel like I have little bits and pieces done around the house but no other rooms are painted and have stuff hung on the walls yet.  I am itching to paint but since we are over halfway to our 1 year maybe I can hold out until May/June to paint.  :)

1 comment:

  1. So pretty! I love the paint color. You guys are so patient to measure out exactly where to put the polka dots. I would've probably just eyeballed it! lol : )

    ReplyDelete