Thursday, September 22, 2016

Nearly 4 months in with Ryan Homes

Okay, so I updated about random house decorating stuff but there have been other house things dealing with Ryan Homes so I thought I should follow up on some of that too.

First, we had put in our 1st service request mid August, by the end of August we had still never heard anything, and now we had more issues to report so we sent a 2nd service request in and also added that we put in a request August 15th and it was now August 29th and we hadn't been contacted.  I think the next morning we got a phone call saying our PM had been on vacation and he was trying to catch up and then he scheduled to come Friday afternoon.

He came walked the house with us and scheduled to come a week and a half later to fix it all.  Which happened, he came and fixed squeaky spots in the subfloor in the master bedroom and the bedroom closest to the stairs.  Fixed kitchen cabinets that were banging into each other everytime we closed them... forgot to fix a seriously crooked set but he did teach us how to fix it so we need to figure it out.  Fixed trim on the outside corner of the garage.  Fixed the squeaky floor in the shower. Fixed door handles that weren't catching.  I think that was it.

We have an issue with our granite staining pretty badly in one spot from strawberries.  Our construction PM told us at our final walk thru that the granite was sealed so we wouldn't need to worry about that but that the shower grout would need to be sealed... fast forward to the strawberry incident and our countertops are definitely not sealed.  And the service PM laughed at us and said they've never ever sealed the granite and he doesn't know why our PM Bill would have told us that. He gave us some ideas to try to get the stain out and said he would have the granite company come look but then he didn't and instead gave us the number to call and ask if it was ok to try and bleach the stain out.

I have since found another item that needs service but I hate having to make the request and have the PM come and then schedule again to actually come fix it later.  I will eventually submit it (splintering hardwood I found while swiffering).

Lastly, an update on the propane situation.  I never heard anything back and finally emailed the regional manager again (our SRs boss).  He did not give me an update on the situation with Matheson as a whole at all but did offer to help us with our first bill from Matheson.  So that was really nice and unexpected.  Of course now it feels like we can't discuss the shadiness of Ryan and Matheson and the contracts they forced on us.

Good news for our neighborhood though is that we are in talks with a natural gas company to get natural gas hook ups, we need more neighbors to sign the agreements and we are in the section of the neighborhood that would be last to get hooked up but hopefully we won't be stuck with propane for the next 30 years!

Last update on the construction/Ryan homes side of things... our driveway.  When we settled we were given a really rough driveway and we were told it would get a 2nd layer and would be level and smooth and we were on the schedule for August.  We are almost to the end of September now and have heard nothing else about the driveway paving.  I noticed 3 neighbors waaayyy down the street got paved a couple weeks ago so I figured they were at least starting but there haven't been any new driveways paved around us and we are definitely not going to be first in line behind all the neighbors who settled before us so I am wondering if we will get paved before the winter hits. The driveway is settling really badly in this one corner where there is a pipe, the pipe is actually coming up out of the metal cover and we are hoping it doesn't end up breaking from the impact of a car driving over it. My husband thinks its probably a good thing they haven't paved again yet bcuz its giving the driveway extra time to settle and hopefully it won't settle too much more and cause issues again down the road.

2 comments:

  1. So, when I filled out a service request for our leak, RH contacted me that day and then told me that a guy named Jared would be in contact with me. So basically its out of our PM's hands now and we would have contact with the Jared guy. Well, that's not what happened bc I was on the phone before RH even contacted me back and was getting our PM out to check things out, haha! I just can't cut that cord of not using the PM for things! Especially when I see them nearly every day in the neighborhood!!

    I hope all your requests get filled and fixed and everything is great :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about all the unresolved issues. I hope they get worked out soon.

    ReplyDelete