Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Day 42: Siding, Shutters and Drywall...

I will never stop being amazed at how much they get accomplished in such a short period of time.  We were just up there Thursday afternoon and four days later we received these photos with the siding and shutters on and I know they've been working on the drywall.  There's no way they're done dry walling yet (right??) but they have at least done the garage as far as I can see.  I"m sure I'd be equally amazed to see how much they've done in the house as well.  It truly takes a lot of effort on my part to not get in the car and drive up there while the kids are in school.  Which is so funny because after our meeting on Thursday my husband was asking when I thought we'd come back up and I said they were building so fast there is probably no need to come back up until they finish, right? ;)

Anyway, these photos help me to stay put and not waste my gas, and two hours of my day just to get a couple minute glance at the house.

Its so pretty and I love seeing it all come together. :)

Here is another photo with our neighbors on each side.  All three of us picked grey-ish colors, which had me slightly concerned but looking at the photo big on the computer makes it so I can see the different shades.  Also, they do seem like they all have their own look to them.  We are loving the amount of space between the houses too.  We are not used to that!


3 comments:

  1. Coming along so nicely! Do you know what color siding your neighbors have? Do I spot Irish Thistle?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home is looking great! The homeowner's covenant in our community would not allow us to have the same siding, brick, shutters as our neighbors. We had to change our siding and shutters to contrast with all our immediate neighbors. Upside for you is that you get your first pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ours is the same way... at least I think. Our neighbors siding is actually different shades but in the photo it looks very similar. I think the neighbor to the right is maybe irish thistle, its a green shade and their shutters are dark green. Ours is flint which is a bluish grey with dark navy shutters and then the neighbors on the left seems to have a true grey color and black shutters. now doors thats a different story b/c it appears that our neighbors to the left have the same color door we will have and their neighbor to the left also has that same color door... so we will have at least 3 copper red doors in a row. I don't love the color actually and hope to be allowed to paint it a different color red at some point.

    ReplyDelete