Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Pre-Drywall Mtg. Scheduled

Yesterday our PM called to schedule our pre-drywall meeting for next week!  It feels so fast.  I swore that I was not going to be one of those home buyers who felt like once they started building that it was going fast... but of course I was wrong.  Framing went so fast and I haven't actually had an update on the house itself for almost a week now but I'm sure they're working away at whatever is at this next step. We were given a choice of three days to have our pre-drywall mtg.  we choose the day furthest away because we have plans to go see the house for the first time this weekend, so scheduling to go back up there two days later doesn't sound super fun.  We could always just wait and not go this weekend at all, however the kids really wanted to go walk through the house and see it and we don't want to take them to the pre-drywall mtg.  (I don't even know if we're "allowed" to anyway...)  Of course they'll want to go again once the drywall is up too... sooo...  yeah who knows what we're doing this weekend.  I still really want to go but I think my husband is more patient and could wait until Thursday next week to see it... and the kids might be fine to wait until the drywall is up.  My thinking is that we are only doing this process once and once it passes each step there is no going back, so we might as well make the trips up to see what's going on throughout the process.  I guess we will see how everyone feels this weekend.

So we have our pre-drywall meeting scheduled and that is exciting.  Also heard from our SR yesterday and they approved the request for the whole property to be sodded... all the way down that hill that is our backyard.  So that makes me happy and makes it easier to deal with the negative aspects of the backyard.  Of course I may change my tune when we have to pay to water it all summer long.  ;)

3 comments:

  1. Coming along nicely! Having recently gone through this phase (http://livinglandonlarge.blogspot.com/) make sure you look closely at placement of lighting, guardian options and smoke detectors at pre drywall. Seems crazy but they weren't apparent to us prior to drywall going up so we missed some details that are causing headaches. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I will definitely pay attention to those things, at least I will try to. We are going to drive up tomorrow and walk through ahead of time to see if we have any questions and aren't caught off guard at the pre drywall mtg. I don't know how apparent it'll be, like you said but having read your comment and checked out your blog and seen that crazy placement of the smoke detector in your ceiling... yeah I will definitely be checking now. ;)

      Delete
  2. I hope it turned out well! Will add you to our blog section :)

    ReplyDelete