Thursday, March 3, 2016

NVR Update & Backyard Update

So far we have had a pretty good experience with NVR Mortgage.  They have answered any questions we've had and have been helpful along the way.  Today I got a phone call from our loan processor who just needed a copy of the last deposit check clearing from Ryan Homes and they'd be all set on our end with the loan.  He said the only other thing we need is the appraisal which he said should be done in the next few weeks.  Hopefully that part will all work out nicely too.
Then this afternoon we received an email from someone else at NVR who sent us an updated cost estimate sheet, with new numbers b/c the last one we got didn't have any of the flooring or guardian change orders added to it.  It was nice to see that the interest rate we were quoted in December had dropped.  We are hoping it stays that way or even goes down further by the time we can lock in.  Normally I've heard that people can lock in at 90 or 60 days but with our loan we have to be 30 days from closing to lock in the rate-- so that is super stressful for me to think about what can happen in the next couple months... so fingers crossed!!


Now the backyard... Sunday morning our SR texted us a photo of our foundation.  I let him know that we had visited the property the day before because I was going crazy over the backyard and had to see it for myself in person.  He responded that he had gotten approval and they would be clearing all the brush and weeds off of the hill.  Which is great, because that would be crazy if they didn't, given the fact that now I can see that it is actually the entire backyard.  I threw it out there that was there any chance they would sod the whole thing because I am worried its going to look pretty ugly compared to the other land nearby that belongs to the neighborhood (you can see in the photo below how it backs right up to some land that belongs to the community).  He said he would ask and said they would "dress it up" for us, not sure what that would entail if not sodded (???).  Fast forward to Tuesday afternoon I got another text saying that he put in for approval to have the whole backyard/hill sodded and he would keep me posted   (note the fact that the first time I read the text I skimmed it and thought he had already gotten approval for it, I was super excited for like two seconds!  haha).  I am crossing my fingers for them to approve the sodded hill!  That would definitely soften the blow of the backyard not being what we had imagined it was going to be.  :)

So far impressed w/ NVR and our SR being on the ball.

My husband did text our PM earlier this week because we haven't heard from him since two Mondays ago but still no response.  He asked about the missing window in the foundation area under the morning room.  There was talk at the pre-con mtg. that there would be one of those small windows there but seeing it in person, there is not.  Anyone with a Milan (Version 7) know if that is suppose to be standard or not?

Anyway, hoping they did some work on our house this week and that there will be a chance for even more progress next week.  I was really hoping it would be all framed by the time my husband gets home from Ireland so we can drive up and see it (a little over a week from now).   Its so hard not living close enough to drive by and check the progress whenever we want to!


2 comments:

  1. There have been problems with the blueprints with that window. If it's on the original blueprints you signed off on, they have to put it in. Another guy I know founds his missing and they fixed it. When we went to our pre-construction meeting, it was missing on our blueprint and I made them fix it. I also made them send me pictures showing both the small window and where our basement egress window were cut out. Push your PM on this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have never seen the blueprints or signed off on any. What we do have it the electrical plans that we signed with the sales agreement and we have like the floor plans they used to point out stuff or walk through stuff at pre con. but never saw blue prints. Also the electrical plans we have do not show the morning room addition at all. So I have no clue if the window should be there, I also have no idea if there will be a light in the morning room or not... I've been assuming there is one b/c the paperwork on light fixtures says "dinnette" light and I imagine that as the morning room light... one of these days I will ask our PM or SR. I just hate bothering them with questions. My husband did hear back from the PM on Thursday and the text just said he was looking into it that day but we have heard nothing since.

      Delete