Thursday, May 26, 2016

Didn't Close...

I will update you all, while my crazy husband plays sad, depressing music in the background, lol.  We are both pretty upset about not closing today.  NVR has been less than responsive or helpful at all today.  They are pretty quick to push off the blame on to USDA and haven't been apologetic or problem solvers at all.

About an hour ago, in a moment of weakness and needing to vent to someone I texted our SR and told him we didn't close today.  He was quick to respond and quick to apologize that we were going through this, he had no idea.  He quickly sent an email to the head of NVRM and also to his VP. He agrees that our file should have been sent early enough for USDA to issue our approval and agrees that this is unacceptable.  He is working on getting us some answers now--which is comforting and helpful.  Not at all what we've experience from the NVR side of it.

So as it stands now we have NO IDEA when (or IF) we will be closing.  Sucks because our whole house is packed up.  We were going to go out to dinner as a family tonight to celebrate.  My kids want outback because they've never been and we told them we'd go tonight.  Now instead its mac and cheese and Ramen noodles.  My husband and I have both been too stressed today to eat a single thing all day.  We both just realized that the only thing either of us had all day was a can of soda (and I don't even drink soda normally).

We were going to be packing up the car tonight with our kitchen items and clothing to take up to the house while the kids were in school tomorrow.  Now we're not.

So far we still have our moving truck scheduled for tomorrow night, our washer and dryer are suppose to be delivered on Saturday.... not sure what will happen with either of those things now.  If we don't close tomorrow the earliest will be Tuesday which just is unacceptable.  I can't even figure out how that will work at all.   This weekend we have people who can help us move.  Tuesday they will all go back to work.  Wednesday my little sister is scheduled to have her baby, it is the first baby to be born without our mom here and I have every intention of being there with her, we had a pretty tightly planned weekend of moving, (oh did I mention my youngest sister is moving to California on the 31st?) so yeah, busy weekend with my entire family, helping two of us pack up and move and then ending on the 1st of June with a new family member being born but it was all going to work fine if we just would have closed tonight like we were suppose to!

I can't tell you how stressful these last 24+ hours have been.  Imagine being told from NVR for months that we're all set and ready to go, so we never worried about it, to then less than 24 hrs before closing be told "oops the loan approval hasn't come in yet".  SO. FRUSTRATED!  (And there's not a darn thing we can do about it!)

4 comments:

  1. That's awful! I was hoping it would come through for you today. Hopefully, tomorrow will be the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry! Praying things get sorted quickly and that you have extra stores of patience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry. I can't imagine how stressful this is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry that you all have to go through this. I can't imagine the stress. I hope your SR can get things moving faster. Fingers crossed that closing happens very very soon.

    ReplyDelete